A Vibrant and Diverse Alliance of Schools in North Sefton
Welcome to the North Sefton Coastal Teaching School Alliance. We represent a partnership of teaching schools that work together to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. Teaching Schools are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
The Lead Schools
Range High School (Formby) and Meols Cop High School (Southport) share the leadership of our Teaching School Alliance. Both schools have current outstanding Ofsted judgments and are two of the highest performing schools in Sefton.
Our alliance includes four other local high schools.
The partner schools are:
- Birkdale High School, Southport
- Christ the King Catholic High School, Southport
- Greenbank High School, Southport
- Stanley High School, Southport
As well as offering training and support for their partnership, teaching schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession.
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development.
- Identify and develop leadership potential.
- Provide support for other schools.
- Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs).
- Undertake research and development.